Who are our Healthy Communities?
- Town of Apple Valley
- City of Adelanto
- City of Hesperia
- City of Victorville
What is a Healthy Community?
- The city/town government has passed a resolution to be a designated healthy city/town
- An environment where the Healthier Choice is the Easier Choice
- An environment conducive to living a healthy lifestyle
- Land Use Policies, Joint-use agreements, Residential engagement, Recreation Programming, increase access to fresh fruits and vegetables
- Positive marketing to showcase the City and Town commitment to creating a healthier environment for those who Live, Work, and Play in the High Desert
- Engaging the general public to gain input about city/town lead projects that promote health and wellness
- Funding $$$ to work on Healthy Community Projects